[R] Excel to R

Robert Baer rbaer at atsu.edu
Fri May 13 14:33:13 CEST 2011

From: "Asan Ramzan" <asanramzan at yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2011 6:02 AM
To: <r-help at r-project.org>
Subject: [R] Excel to R

> Hello R-help
>
> I am trying to copy and paste large column of data from windows Excel into
> base speed sheet using:
>

> Data1<-edit(data.frame())
At least on Windows (not sure about other OS's, you can paste data as
follows:
Data1  <- read.table(file = 'clipboard', header = TRUE)     # assuming you
have column labels

> But I can only copy and paste one cell at a time which is time consuming.
>
> Also how can assign each column to a variable.
> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

At least on Windows (not sure about other OS's

Robert W. Baer, Ph.D.
Professor of Physiology
Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
A. T. Still University of Health Sciences
800 W. Jefferson St.
Kirksville, MO 63501
660-626-2322
FAX 660-626-2965