[R] Powerful PC to run R

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Fri May 13 17:25:55 CEST 2011

Given the price of the Thinkpad X201 I would be very upset if it
overheated and would contact my supplier for a replacement.  I also
understand that this CPU may slow down if it is overheated.  You would
probably get a better performance from a desktop workstation or a
larger laptop with better ventilation.  As already stated a large
mumer of cpu's and multithreading are of little advantage when you are
running standard R.

John