[R] MANOVA Post Hoc Testing Tukeys

wwreith reith_william at bah.com
Mon May 16 14:54:30 CEST 2011

I used manova() with one predictor variable and four factor levels call them
A, B, C, and D. There are 12 response variables. I now want to perform
pairwise comparisons for A-B, A-C, etc. for all 12 response variables.

If I were doing an ANOVA test I would run TukeyHSD() and be done. However
manova in R does not have Tukey's test or an equivalent that I know of.
Online I read that at this point I should run 12 anovas and then use a
Tukey's test after each ANOVA.

Here is my question: Is this the best way to go about Post Hoc Testing in R
after a MANOVA test? Also if this is the best path shouldn't I have some
kind of familywise error correction like Bonferroni of .05/13=.0038? The
post I saw said nothing about a Bonferroni correction.

Thanks for the help.