[R] Smooth contour of a map

Pierre Bruyer pbruyer at agaetis.fr
Tue May 17 11:58:16 CEST 2011

I'm a French developer (so I am sorry if my english is not perfect). I have a problem to smooth the contours of a map. I have a dataset with 3 columns, x, y and z, where x and y are the coordinates of my points and z is evaluate to a qualitative elevation and his representation is a set of colors, which is define by levels.

The problem is the curve of my contour is so linear, and I would like a more continuous contour. I use the function fitted.contour to draw my map.

Thanks,

Pierre Bruyer