[R] Email out of R (code)

Daniel Malter daniel at umd.edu
Wed May 18 18:53:14 CEST 2011

I do not know. I was not aware and could hardly find any information on
create.post(). From what I have seen at first glance, it seems that
create.post() either opens your standard email program or web browser, which
the python code does not. Instead it needs the R-library interfacing Python.
I also do not know how create.post() handles server authentication (though,
my blind guess would be with the settings of your email program or browser
mail). To stop guessing, if you want a solid comparison, I am afraid you
have to do it yourself.

Best,
Daniel