[R] Asciidoc toolchain for vignettes

Charles Roosen croosen at mango-solutions.com
Thu May 19 10:09:23 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've been thinking of moving to using asciidoc for vignettes.

As part of doing so, it would be nice to have an R package with all the
pieces preconfigured in order to let others build the vignettes without
a lot of configuration work.

Conceptually, the following combination would work:

*	rJava package
*	rJython package
*	ascii package for Sweave processing of original asciidoc source
*	asciidoc python scripts for asciidoc to docbook conversion
*	Dobudish set of Java and XML/XSL files for docbook to PDF (or
other formats)

Does anyone have better suggestions on components to use?  If anyone
else is doing something similar drop me a note and we can share ideas.

Thanks,
Charlie

Charles Roosen, PhD
Technical Director
Mango Solutions AG

T: +41 (0)61 206 92 91
M: +41 (0)79 248 70 71
F: +41 (0) 61 206 92 99

www.mango-solutions.com

Mango Solutions AG
Aeschenvorstadt 36
4051 Basel
Switzerland

LEGAL NOTICE
This message is intended for the use o...{{dropped:10}}