[R] Building Custom GUIs for R

vioravis vioravis at gmail.com
Fri May 20 08:52:03 CEST 2011

I am looking to build simple GUIs based on the R codes I have. The main
objective is to hide the scary R codes from non-programming people and make
it easier for them to try out different inputs.

For example,

1. The GUI will have means to upload a csv file which will be read by the R
code.

2. A button to preprocess data (carried out by a R function behind)

3. A button to build some models and run simulations

4. Space to display visual charts based on the simulations results

5. Option to save the results to a csv file or something similar.

Are there any tools currently available that enable us build GUIs??? (MATLAB
has a GUI builder that enables the users build custom GUIs).

Can we make a exe of such GUI (with the R code) and let people use it
without having to install R???

Any help on this would be much appreciated??

Thank you.

Ravi