[R] dealing with sweave.sty and pgfSweave

ravi rv15i at yahoo.se
Sun May 22 00:53:47 CEST 2011

Hi,
I would appreciate some help with a very basic problem in using pgfSweave. That
is, dealing with the sweave.sty file. After some googling, I did the following :
(1) copied the sweave.sty file to my trial folder and (2) added the line
\usepackage{Sweave}   to the Rnw file. Are there more elegant ways of dealing
with this issue?

I have read something about letting Miktex know about the path to the sweave.sty
file. How do I do this? I am a newcomer to Miktex and would appreciate some
detailed instructions.

On running the pgfSweave commands in Tinn-R, I did not receive any error
messages (though I got any number of them before I arrived at the two solutions
mentioned above). However, on running the commands in Rstudio, I received the
following warning message :
 In utils::RweaveLatexSetup(file, syntax, output = output, quiet = quiet,  :
path to 'C:/Program Files/R/R-2.13.0/share/texmf/tex/latex/Sweave' contains
spaces, this may cause problems when running LaTeX

Short of reinstalling R in a separate folder, is there something that I can do
to fix this problem?

I have R2.13 on a win XP pc.
Thanking you,
Ravi