[R] Beginner Question: List value without Levels

dabs ragon016 at web.de
Tue May 24 20:54:05 CEST 2011

Hey folks,

I'm new to the R Project so I'm facing a great problem. I've read a file
into R:

>myVal
    I   V   L   F   C   M   A    G    T    W    S    Y    P    H    Q    D
N    E    K    R
1 4,5 4,2 3,8 2,8 2,5 1,9 1,8 -0,4 -0,7 -0,9 -0,8 -1,3 -1,6 -3,2 -3,5 -3,5
-3,5 -3,5 -3,9 -4,5
> mode(myVal)
   [1] list

Now I want to multiplicate each of this values with this one:

>data
 A  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  K  L  M  N  P  Q  R  S  T  V  W  Y
28  8 11 14 17 34  7 26 15 26 10  9 12  8 11 21 19 33  7  7
> mode(data)
[1] "numeric"

Because I don't know how to do that. I had in mind to write a function, in
which every single value is multiplicated with the other one. So I tried to
test, if I could multiplicate two single values. This is the result:

> myVal[1,1] * data[1]
[1] NA
Warning:
In Ops.factor(myVal[1, 1], data[1]) :
  * nicht sinnvoll für Faktoren

(I'm using R with German language :))

What can I do, to multplicate each value with his adequate?

Thanks a lot :)!

dabs