[R] gbm package: plotting a single tree

ElenaC ecouce at gmail.com
Wed May 25 01:33:48 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm not sure if Im posting this on the right place, my apologies if not.

I'm using the package gbm to generate boosted trees models, and was
wondering if there is a simple way of getting a graphical output for a
single tree of the sequence. I know the function "pretty.gbm.tree" can be
used to print information for a single tree, but I've been unable to find a
way to visualize this on a plot, similar to those that can be obtained by
plot.rpart (in the rpart package).

Is there a method for doing these plots within the gbm package? If not, can
the info for a single tree be converted into a different tree object with a
method for plotting? (i.e., is it possible to convert the data into an
object of class 'rpart'?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Elena