[R] Plot binomial regression line

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Thu May 26 12:09:02 CEST 2011

On 26.05.2011 10:45, Jörgen Svan wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am quite new with R and I have a problem with plotting a binomial
> regression line in a plot.
>
> This is what I type in:
>> model<-glm(Para~Size,binomial)
>> par(mfrow=c(1,1))
>> xv<-seq(3.2,4.5,0.01)
>> yv<-predict(model,list(area=xv),type="response")
>> plot(Size,Para)
>> lines(xv,yv)

Several things I'd improve, hence the whole code:

dat <- read.table("clipboard", header=TRUE)
dat$Para <- factor(dat$Para)
model <- glm(Para ~ Size, data=dat, family="binomial")
xv <- seq(3.2,4.5,0.01)
yv <- predict(model, newdata=data.frame(Size=xv), type="response")
with(dat, plot(Size, as.integer(Para)-1))
lines(xv, yv)

Best,
Uwe Ligges