[R] R-2.10.1 to R-2.13.0

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu May 26 12:45:46 CEST 2011

On 26/05/2011 6:02 AM, ogbos okike wrote:
> Dear List,
> I am currently running R-2.10.1. I wish to install R-2.13.0 or update my
> R-2.10.1 to the R-2.13.0.
>
> I have downloaded R-2.13.0 but wish to seek your advice before installing
> that.
>
> Please is there a better way of updating to the newer version other than
> downloading and installing the version?
> Thanks for your suggestions.

There is some advice on this in the Windows FAQ.  You can see the
current version online at

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#What_0027s-the-best-way-to-upgrade_003f

If you're not using Windows, most of the advice in that FAQ item is
still good (though the paths & filenames will be different).

Duncan Murdoch