[R] predictive accuracy

Claudia Beleites claudia.beleites at ipht-jena.de
Thu May 26 15:31:17 CEST 2011

Al,

I'd redo everything and report in the paper that your peculiar predictor
was contributing strongly to models that were built without excluding
this predictor. This is an important information: your models get
"confused" by the predictor (I'd consider this a lack of a certain kind
of robustness, but I'm not a statistician).

HTH

Claudia

Am 26.05.2011 14:42, schrieb El-Tahtawy, Ahmed:
> I am trying to develop a prognostic model using logistic regression.   I
> built a full , approximate models with the use of penalization - design
> package. Also, I tried Chi-square criteria, step-down techniques. Used
> BS for model validation.
>

> The main purpose is to develop a predictive model for future patient
> population.   One of the strong predictor pertains to the study design
> and would not mean much for a clinician/investigator in real clinical
> situation and have been asked to remove it.
>

> Can I propose a model and nomogram without that strong -irrelevant
> predictor?? If yes, do I need to redo model calibration, discrimination,
> validation, etc...?? or just have 5 predictors instead of 6 in the
> prognostic model??
>

> Thanks for your help
>
> Al
>
> .