[R] R import glitch "missing data"

StatBat2 NStruckmeier at HarryandDavid.com
Thu May 26 19:03:38 CEST 2011

Hello!

I am trying import data into R and im running into a snag.

GOAL:
Import a 4 column, 8,000 row table into R including headers.

WHAT I'VE ATTEMPTED:
Original data was in Excel format.
Converted data to both a .txt and .csv (to see which worked better)
Imported data into R via commands as object "demand" (see below)

Please excuse the long file path.
demand=read.delim("C:\\Documents and Settings\\E066582\\My
Documents\\R\\R-2.13.0\\bin\\demand.txt")

demand=read.csv(("C:\\Documents and Settings\\E066582\\My
Documents\\R\\R-2.13.0\\bin\\demand.csv", header=True)

In both cases, about half to three fourths of my data shows up as object
"demand". My headers also fail to appear. I get about 4000 lines of my table
as well as missing headers. I've tried different variations on the synatx of
how i go about importing, with or without headers designated, with or
without .csv ',' designation, but nothing changes. I'm at a loss as to what
is incorrect.