[R] predictive accuracy

El-Tahtawy, Ahmed Ahmed.El-Tahtawy at pfizer.com
Thu May 26 22:35:25 CEST 2011

The strong predictor is the country/region where the study was
conducted. So it is not important/useful for a clinician to use it (as
long he/she is in USA or Europe).
Excluding that predictor will make another 2 insignificant predictors to
become significant!!  Can the new model have a reliable predictive
accuracy? I thought of excluding all patients from other countries and
develop the model accordingly- is the exclusion of a lot of patients and
compromise of the power is more acceptable??
Thanks for your help...
Al