[R] 3 Y axis possible?

Rolf Turner rolf.turner at xtra.co.nz
Fri May 27 00:00:26 CEST 2011

On 27/05/11 03:35, Jun Shen wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> We have three time course profiles with very different scales, and we want
> to show them in one plot. Is it possible to have three y axis? I guess not,
> then what would be other options? something like two 2-y axis plots on a
> three dimensional view? Appreciate any comment.

I have a recollection that this issue (well, just for 2 y axes, rather than
3, which is even worse) was discussed in the not too distant past, with
pointers to some good cogent examples of why one ***should not do this***.

However I can't find this discussion; can't think of the appropriate terms
to search on.

Can anyone remember/point out where this discussion can be found?

     cheers,

         Rolf Turner