[R] Use apply on a function with multiple argument including a matrix ?

sunelav julien.lavenus at hotmail.fr
Fri May 27 23:47:10 CEST 2011

Dear David,

Thank you very much for your answer. I am going to try what you propose and
compare the two methods.

I have already done what I could to reduce the computation time of the
function by using apply functions and by doing most of the calculation on
matrices at once to avoid the use of for loops, which I guess is what you
call "vectorisation".  However I have no idea about what you mean by the
"proper use of indexing". Could you please give me more details about that ?

Thanks again for your response,

Sunelav