[R] network package in R

Sat May 28 16:25:17 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Weiwei Shi <helprhelp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I need a network builder and it can change the node size and color; I am not
> sure if network package in R can do this or not. The other functions I
> wanted have been found in that package.
>
> BTW, if there is another package in R relating to this, please suggest too.

I'm not actually sure what you're looking for, but from trying to
piece together the other emails in this thread maybe you are looking
for a way to control graph/network layout in some GUI form?

There is a bioconductor package called RCytoscape that can "drive"
cytoscape from R, allowing you to draw a network you have loaded up in
your R session and tweak different properties of nodes, edges, etc:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/RCytoscape.html

Maybe it can help you? I'm not sure if this is what you're asking for,
though, so I could be way off the mark.

HTH,
-steve

--