[R] Analysis of Dispersion

Joseph Kunkel joe at bio.umass.edu
Mon May 30 15:44:51 CEST 2011

Does anyone know of an R implementation of Rao's (1965) described 'Analysis of Dispersion' which is the generalization of the General Linear Model, Y = XB, to multiple Y variables and the further use of the method to 'Test of Additional Information' in one set of Y variables corrected for a second set of Y variables, i.e. the generalization of covariance analysis.

I have written my own set of R-scripts andy.R and adinfo.R that do it according to Rao but have not yet found a published R library that does the same with all the bells and whistles.  My version requires setting up a design matrix, X, melding it with your observation matrix, Y, and producing a YX joint CSV matrix that the andy.R reads.   A more friendly interface would be appreciated for recommendation to colleagues who are not into design matrices.

http://www.bio.umass.edu/biology/kunkel/pub/r_scripts/andy/

Joe

Rao, C. R. [1965]. Linear Statistical Inference and its Applications. Wiley, New York

Joseph G. Kunkel, Professor
Biology Department
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Amherst MA 01003