[R] Problem with package development

Nipesh Bajaj bajaj141003 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 21:50:45 CEST 2011

Actually partly I followed. Here is the more details what I have done so far:

1. Edit the help file skeletons in 'man', possibly combining help
files for multiple functions.
I have modified with following:
\name{fn1}
\alias{fn1}

\title{
A function.
}

\description{
A function.
}

\usage{
A function.
}

\arguments{
A function.
}

\value{
A function.
}

\author{
\bold{Me}
\cr
\email{Me at me.com}
}

2. Edit the exports in 'NAMESPACE', and add necessary imports.
Actually I really do not know what I would do here. In the
corresponding file, only "exportPattern("^[[:alpha:]]+")" is there.
Therefore I put that unaltered.

3. Put any C/C++/Fortran code in 'src'.
I do not have any such code

4. If you have compiled code, add a useDynLib() directive to 'NAMESPACE'.
Again I do not know what to do, so ingored this step.

5. Run R CMD build to build the package tarball.
* Run R CMD check to check the package tarball.

I did not follow this step exactly. What I done is, put 'trial3'
folder in R/R-2.13.0bin folder (after above modification), from the
R-working folder. Then just run R CMD INSTALL trial3. However
previously with this job, I could create package effectively. After
updating R to the current version my problem starts.

Those are not sufficient?

Thanks,