[R] Problem with % in an example when running R CMD check

Frank Harrell f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Tue May 31 23:08:06 CEST 2011

Using

platform       x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
arch           x86_64
os             linux-gnu
system         x86_64, linux-gnu
status
major          2
minor          13.0
year           2011
month          04
day            13
svn rev        55427
language       R
version.string R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)

I am getting an error I haven't seen before when running R CMD check on a
package:

Warning: parse error in file 'rms-Ex.R':
14: unexpected symbol
376:     f <- ols(y ~ pol(x1,2) + pol(x2,2) + pol(x1,2)
377:              subset
                  ^
The original (quote old) code in an 'example' section of an .Rd file is:

    f <- ols(y ~ pol(x1,2) + pol(x2,2) + pol(x1,2) %ia% pol(x2,2),
             subset=group==g)

Putting \ before the % gets around the problem but I didn't have to do that
before.

Any ideas?
Thanks Frank

-----