[R] Imputing Missing Data: A Good Starting Point?

Sascha Vieweg saschaview at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 22:29:53 CET 2011

Hello

I am working on my first attempt to impute missing data of a data
set with systematically incomplete answers (school performance
tests). I was googling around for some information and found
Amelia (Honaker et al., 2010) and the mi package (Yu-Sung et al.,
n.d.). However, since I am new to this field, I was wondering
whether some experts could give a good recommendation of a
starting point for me, that is a point that combines theory as
well as practical examples. Of course, My primary interest is to
complete the task in time (1 week), however, I want to acquire
skills for a program that provides some future, and of course I
want some background on what I am doing (and what not). Could you
help with some hints, experiences, and recommendations?

Thank you.

Regards
*S*

Sascha Vieweg, saschaview at gmail.com