[R] Plotting skewed normal distribution with a bar plot

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
Thu Nov 3 19:54:13 CET 2011

Hi,

I need to create a plot (type = "h")  and then overlay a skewed-normal
curve on this distribution, but I'm not finding a procedure to accomplish
this. I want to use the plot function here in order to control the bin
distributions.

I have explored the sn library and found the dsn function.  dsn uses known
location, scaling and shape parameters associated with a given input vector
of probabilities.  However, how can I calculate the skewed-normal curve if
I don't know these parameters in advance?

Is there another function to calculate the skew-normal, perhaps in a
different package?

I'm working with R 2.13.2 on a windows based machine.

Steve Friedman Ph. D.
Ecologist  / Spatial Statistical Analyst
Everglades and Dry Tortugas National Park
950 N Krome Ave (3rd Floor)
Homestead, Florida 33034

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
Office (305) 224 - 4282