[R] How to write a shapefile with projection - problem solved

Monica Pisica pisicandru at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 4 16:08:05 CET 2011

Hi,

Sorry i have put such a detailed question to the list about writing a shapefile with projection. I realized that if i use writeOGR from rgdal and not the other write shapefile functions i can get a shapefile with projection recognized by ArcGIS. The command is (in case anybody wonders):

 writeOGR(crest.sp, "I:\\LA_levee\\Shape", "llev_crest_pts6", driver = "ESRI Shapefile")

where crest.sp is a spatial point data frame with projection.

Thanks,

Monica