[R] linear against nonlinear alternatives - quantile regression

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Nov 5 18:42:34 CET 2011

I suppose this constitutes thread drift, but your simple example, Frank, made wonder if Rq() accepts a vector argument for tau. I seem to remember that Koencker's rq() does.. Normally I would consult the help page, but the power is still out here in Central Connecticut and I am corresponding with a less capable device. I am guessing that if Rq() does accept such a vector that the form of the nonlinearity would be imposed at all levels of tau.

--
David