[R] help to ... import the data from Excel

writinghealth writinghealth at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 10:34:15 CET 2011

Sarah, it seems your current directory is not where your LTS.xls file is
located.
What I would is the following:
always use the xlsReadWrite functions in the current directory where your
excel file is located
Also, just reaad the ENTIR excel sheet, rather than referencing columns.
This the simplest way and it has ALWAYS worked for me.
e.g. STI<-read.xls('STI_CASES.xls',sheet=1)
And I have my data, now I have to work a bit to get what I want (e.g. cases
for a certain year ect), but that is doable.