[R] rearrange set of items randomly

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Nov 8 18:04:55 CET 2011

On Nov 8, 2011, at 11:31 AM, flokke wrote:

> Thanks for the replies!
>
> Indeed, I could use order() instead of sample()  but that it wouldnt
> be
> random anymore, as it sorts data points in increasing(!) order.
> Second, I
> have to use 1000 different samples.

Please re-read the help page for `order` _and_ the one for `sort`,
examine their differences,  re-read the replies you have gotten so
far, work through _all_ of the examples, and if illumination still
does not arrive, then repeat the above process until it does.

> I got the hint that I have to do somethin with indeces, but still cant
> figure out what this should be.
> Maybe someone of you knows?

Many (if not most)  of us do. We try to avoid having r-help becoming a
homework tutoring site, however. You should be using your academic
resources for this effort.

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT