[R] Are there equivalents to xblocks or rect that can be used with plot.xts?

thierrydb thierrydb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 10:33:45 CET 2011

I would like to add vertical shaded blocks in plot.xts graphs (like recession
periods in FRED graphs)

The reason I use plot.xts instead of plot.zoo is that I like the fact that
the grid is automatically aligned with major ticks in plot.xts.

xblocks() and rect() do not seem to work with plot.xts (only with plot.zoo).
Are there any alternative methods that work with plot.xts?

Thanks.