[R] raking weighting

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Nov 9 21:16:57 CET 2011

On Nov 9, 2011, at 3:07 PM, Sebastián Daza wrote:

> I did. However, I am not sure that I can create a "weight variable" in
> my database with the rake function you mention. That is why I am
> asking.

Since you have provided absolutely no information about the data you
have or the problem you are trying to solve, you cannot expect anyone
here to tell you what the one right function will be. You need to
_do_the_search_yourself_ and determine which (if any) of the 36 hits
it brings up are relevant to your (as yet incredibly vague) problem.
Further hits are possible if you click the r-help buttons which will
them bring up all the questions for the years indicated

--
David.

> El día 9 de noviembre de 2011 13:44, David Winsemius
> <dwinsemius at comcast.net> escribió:
>>
>> On Nov 9, 2011, at 2:27 PM, Sebastián Daza wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>> Does anyone know if there is a package to compute raking weights
>>> using
>>> R? What I need is to create a variable with weights base in some
>>> demographic variables (e.g. sexo, age group, area) using the raking
>>> procedure.
>>
>> There is a `rake` function in package "survey".
>>
>> In the future you ought to do this at the R console _before_
>> sending a
>> question to R-help:
>>
>> RSiteSearch("raking")
>>

>>> Thank you in advance!