[R] ggplot stat_summary (mean_cl_boot)

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Nov 9 22:10:25 CET 2011

On Nov 9, 2011, at 2:59 PM, Nathan Miller wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is a pretty simple question, but after spending quite a bit of
> time
> looking at "Hmisc" and using Google, I can't find the answer.
>
> If I use stat_summary(fun.data="mean_cl_boot") in ggplot to generate
> 95%
> confidence intervals, how many bootstrap iterations are preformed by
> default? Can this be changed? I would at least like to be able to
> report
> the number of boot strap interations used to generate the CIs.
>
> I haven't been able to find "mean_cl_boot" as a function itself or
> something ressembling it in the Hmisc documentation, but it seems as
> though
> Hmisc is wrapped up in stat_summary() and is called to compute
> "mean_cl_boot".

You seem really, really confused (and you offer very little in the way
of context to support debugging efforts). You are referring to ggplot
functions. As far as I know there is no connection between the Hmisc
and ggplot (or ggplot2) packages. Al things change, I know, but Frank
just completed switching over to Lattice a couple of years ago.

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT