[R] Web based R-help not a list

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Nov 10 00:22:25 CET 2011

On Nov 9, 2011, at 5:38 PM, Cem Girit wrote:

> Hello,
>
>                Is there a web version of this R-Help user group
> (such as
> the ones under Google Groups) such that

There is Nabble. It's not going to make you any friends unless you
learn to post in plain text AND to include context  ... too often not
done by Nabble users. Gmane is also a possible website that can mirror
rhelp.

> 1.       I can do a search on any topic over thousands of posts on R
> easily
> and effectively

Yes, several. Have you read the information page and the posting guide
yet?

> 2.       My mailbox do not overflow with emails so that I do not
> need to
> edit it every day

Yes. You were offered an option to get a digest when you signed up.

> 3.       I can arrange to receive only the responses to my posts
> automatically

Most people reply to both the poster and the the list, but there is no
enforcement mechanism. Your unwillingness to do any extra work to
educate yourself is duly noted. Speaking only for myself, I will NOT
respond to any of your further posts because of your demonstrated
privileged attitude. It would not bother me if other regular readers
followed my example.

> 4.       The content of the post might be better formatted for more
> information other than just the text (we now have HTML!)

We do not agree that HTML is a better format. You are welcome to take
your questions elsewhere if plain text is not acceptable.

> 5.       I can attach pictures to my posts for questions related to
> plots,
> results etc. be quick and effective rather than just links to other
> sites

.pdf and .txt files are acceptable attachments.

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

I say again:  You are welcome to take your questions elsewhere if
plain text is not acceptable.

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT