[R] Error in drawing

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 05:34:23 CET 2011

It's not a problem with your data or use of the functions -- rather I
think there's just a little bug in the package (and I've cc'd the
maintainer):

draw.wd leads to a call of draw.default(type = "l") which in turn
leads to plot(type = "l"). However, since draw.default doesn't have a
type argument, it gets taken as part of the special ... operator which
leads to a conflict when it runs into the other type = "l" in
plot.default that comes from plot(type = "l") in draw.default (I hope
that's clear -- the problem is that at the end of the stack,
plot.default gets handed type = "l" twice).

For now, you can add this code to your script before you use draw and
it should be fine.

draw.wd <- function (wd, ...)
{
    if (IsEarly(wd)) {
        ConvertMessage()
        stop()
    }
    filter <- wd$filter
    draw.default(filter.number = filter$filter.number, family =
filter$family,  ...)
}

Hopefully the maintainer can let us know if I've missed something or
can make a change in the package (it shouldn't be too hard).

Michael