[R] update.packages() issue

eric ericstrom at aol.com
Thu Nov 10 01:56:19 CET 2011

I updated packages using the update.packages() command but now having
problems. i now know I should have done this from the terminal (sudo rstudio
and then update.packages()). Instead I just opened rstudio without the sudo
command. So I know what to do going forward but how do I resolve the
existing problem.

Note that these are just the packages I loaded tonight. There are lots of
others that I use on occasion that I would probably have the same problem
with as below.

What's the easiest way to correct this ?

> require(quantmod)
Warning message:
In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, logical.return
= TRUE,  :
  there is no package called ‘quantmod’
> require(rdatamarket)
Warning message:
In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, logical.return
= TRUE,  :
  there is no package called ‘rdatamarket’