[R] Named components in a list

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Thu Nov 10 23:55:22 CET 2011

That is a misleading example.  It should say that the name 'matrix'
is ignored or use Lst["matrix"] <- list(Mat).

(And not all objects can be extended by subscripting.  E.g.,
you cannot extend the number of rows of a matrix with
mat[nrow(mat)+1, ] <- 1:ncol(mat).  vectors may be extended
by subscripting.)

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com