[R] drawing ellipses in R

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Fri Nov 11 17:41:56 CET 2011

Those formulas are the standard way to convert from polar coordinates to Euclidean coordinates.  The polar coordinates are 'r' which is the radius or distance from the center point and 'theta' which is the angle (0 is pointing in the positive x direction).

If r is constant and theta coveres a full cycle then you will get a circle.