[R] performance of adaptIntegrate vs. integrate

baptiste auguie baptiste.auguie at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 11 22:50:39 CET 2011

Dear Ravi,

Thank you for your answer.

The integrand I proposed was a dummy example for demonstration
purposes. I experienced a similar slowdown in a real problem, where
knowing in advance the shape of the integrand would not be so easy.

Your advice is sound; I would have to study the underlying code of the
two implementations to know where the difference lies. Delving into
the source code and the algorithms gets quite technical though, so I
was hoping someone already familiar with integrate's internals might
shed some light.

Thanks,

baptiste