[R] mapply then export

RisConfusingMe derrick.kaufman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 00:51:35 CET 2011

To use the gauss.quad function:  gauss.quad(n,type)  which returns two lists
$nodes and $weights whose length will each equal n.  I'd like to do this for
n=1 to 40 (type will not change) and have a dataset with 40 rows and 81
columns with all the nodes and weights.  The first record would have N1 and
W1 only and N2--N40 and W2--W40 would be missing.  The last record would be
full.  I've tried using mapply but it returns something like this:

nodes   1    Numeric,2 Numeric,3 Numeric,4 Numeric,5 Numeric,6 Numeric,7
weights 1    Numeric,2 Numeric,3 Numeric,4 Numeric,5 Numeric,6 Numeric,7

I have no idea how to get this into a format I can export and later use.

Thanks for your help.