[R] Numerical Format on axis

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Thu Nov 17 02:30:22 CET 2011

To add to what David suggests, and since you're new to R, something like
this:

plot(x,y, yaxt='n')
yticks <- pretty(y)
axis(2, at=yticks, labels=sprintf("%1.2f",yticks))

See the help page for par
  ?par
and look for the entry for 'xaxt' to see what the 'yaxt' arg to plot does.

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
7000 East Ave., L-627