[R] Getting unique colours

Quercus danielgmarina at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 05:02:21 CET 2011

Hey everyone,

I am new to R, and I'm making a scatter plot graph where i have a bunch of
plots/points that fall into 9 unique categories. I want each category to
have a unique colour, however, with the coding I have (below), the colour
black is repeated for two of my plot types. Does anyone know a quick way to
get 9 unique colours??

Coding:
plotba = plot (predictedba ~ actualba, col=as.numeric(ecosite), pch=19,
cex=1.5, ylab="Predicted Basal Area (m2/ha-1)", xlab="Actual Basal Area
(m2/ha-1)")

Thanks!

Here's what it looks like currently:

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4078889/predicted_height.jpeg