[R] read.table with double precision

R. Michael Weylandt <michael.weylandt@gmail.com> michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 18:29:24 CET 2011

I'm having trouble replicating/understanding why that would happen since I do it all the time. The only thing that raises a hint of suspicion is using the blank space separator , but I'm pretty sure that's fine  What does str() give? Possibly factors?

If you are sure that's happening as described, can you send a sample .txt ( won't get scrubbed) and your exact import code?

Michael