[R] xtable and sweave: caption placement problem

Rainer Schuermann rainer.schuermann at gmx.net
Fri Nov 18 11:07:56 CET 2011

It works if you separate the print command and put the caption placement in
the print command
, see below:

\documentclass[11pt,a4paper]{article}
\usepackage{Sweave}
\begin{document}

<<>>=
x  =  runif(100,  1,  10)
y  =  2  +  3  *  x  + rnorm(100)
@

<<echo=FALSE,results=tex>>=
library(xtable)
p <- (xtable(summary(lm(y~x)),align="rcccc",
caption="Summary statistics  for  the  regression  model",
label="tab:summary", digits=2))
print( p, caption.placement="top" )
@

\end{document}