[R] Question about package installation

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Nov 18 22:57:23 CET 2011

On Nov 18, 2011, at 3:52 PM, Roger Coupal wrote:

> Hi, I am working with R on a Mac. I need to use a couple of packages
> that I found on the Web site. I install them using Packages and
> Data: Package Manager. I leave R and come back another time and the
> installed packages are not installed. So I do it again. Not a big
> deal, but is there anyway to make the installation permanent? I want
> to run R through a 3rd party data management software and since the
> installation is not permanent it can't do the analysis through the
> third party software. Thanks.

Mac specific questions are supposed to be directed to the RSIG-Mac
mailing list. I can say that your description will almost certainly be
insufficient, since you are clearly using the R.app GUI and (almost)
all of us who have been doing so get permanent installation when we do
so. I have not seen a prevous complaint about transient installations
and I have read the list for several years now.  So read the Posting
Guide, construct a more explicit description of how you installed R,
include sessionInfo() and .Libpaths() information and send to the
correct list.

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

And please post in plain text.

David Winsemius, MD