[R] Compare two time series, at each time step

lglew l.glew at soton.ac.uk
Mon Nov 21 22:43:21 CET 2011

Hi,

I have two time series of NDVI data, one inside a protected area, and one
outside. I have decomposed the time series, to remove the seasonal component
and residual variation.

I want to compare the long-term trends inside and outside of the protected
area over time. So, at each time step (1 year), I want to compare the values
in the time series and generate a p value. The data are serially dependent
and do not display stationarity.

I was considering using ARIMA or ARMA and comparing parameters of the
models. Could anyone suggest a better approach?

Thanks,

Louise.