[R] Session management in Rserv's java API

bati lauyk001 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 22 03:12:57 CET 2011

Hi

I am a newbie to R and I would like to ask a few questions about RServ Java
API...

My problem is, there will be many callers use my client web service (it uses
the rosuda Rengine API) to connect to RServ (running on linux), instead of
each caller establish a new connection, I would want to let client to
connect the RServ by "session" within the connection, how can I achieve
this?

1 - Is there any example/way/recommendation on how to maintain the
RConnection so that it is persistence?

2 - How session works in the API, I can see Rconnection.detach and
Rsession.attach , the desciption of Rconnection.detach says "detaches the
session and closes the connection" is confusing me, why it would cause the
Rconnection to close...?

Thanks
bati