[R] Error with step and glmmML

Alba alba.estrada at uclm.es
Tue Nov 22 13:06:23 CET 2011

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to select a model with the function step. It is a mixed
generalized linear model fitted by the function glmmML. I have one random
variable (id), one response variable (var) and many independent variables
(x1, x2, x3..). I obtain the following error:

Error in if (all(is.finite(c(n0, nnew))) && nnew != n0) stop("number of rows
in use has changed: remove missing values?") :
  missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed

But I swear that I do NOT have any NA in my database (data1). I have checked
it many times even with is.na()

My script is the following:

model<-step(glmmML(var~1,cluster = id, family = poisson,data =
data1),direction=c("both"),data=data1,scope=~x1+x2+x3+x4+x5+x6+x7+x8+x9+x10)

Does anybody know where the problem could be?

Thank you in advance,

Alba