[R] x, y for point of intersection

Monica Pisica pisicandru at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 22 22:28:25 CET 2011

Hi,

No it is not one off, the situation is even more complicated .... i will have a series of straight lines like the red one parallel with each other that intersect the black polyline and i need to get all the points (x, y).

Meanwhile i was thinking if it will not be easier if somehow i can rotate the coordinate axes so the red lines are horizontal (of course the polyline needs to be rotated as well) and maybe knowing the distance between the red parallel lines and the fact that now they are horizontal will help. I need to think a little bit more about that - and of course afterwards the results need to be translated back to the original coordinate system.

Thanks,

Monica