[R] making scatterplot easier to read

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Nov 22 23:13:19 CET 2011

On Nov 22, 2011, at 4:58 PM, Szymek Drobniak wrote:

> Dear R users,
>
> do you know an easy way (other than star plot) of making several
> points
> laying one over another visible? Is it any simple way of increasing
> such
> "multipoint" symbols - or shifting their positions randomly to make
> several
> points in one place visible?

You can make them with transparent colors ... or you can make them
small and jitter the x and y values,... or you can use hexbin plots...
or you can use 2d density plots or.... probably other ways.

We don't really have a very good problem description yet, so it is
difficult to be very helpful. Why not read the Posting Guide and see
if cam be more complete along its guidelines.

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT