[R] Colorbar too wide in eps

Max Grönke maxbg at astro.uio.no
Wed Nov 23 03:33:18 CET 2011

Hi!
When I plot my filled.contour plot
> filled.contour(dat,color=rainbow,plot.axes=matrix.axes(dat),xlab=myxlab,ylab=myylab)
everything looks fine on the screen.

But if I wrap these two lines
>postscript(file="myplot.eps",paper="special",width=4,height=4,family='Times',horizontal=FALSE)
>dev.off()
around the line above in order to create an eps file, the bar is much too wide.

I tried to play around the "witdh" parameter of the "postscript"
command and tried to use the "legend.width" parameter on the
"filled.contour" command - without success.

Anybody ran into a similar problem once?

Thanks for helping me out,
Max