[R] length of 'dimnames' [2] not equal to array extent

Fyrefly bzk5098 at psu.edu
Thu Nov 24 01:57:17 CET 2011

Hello all,

I'm trying to use the user-created multinomRob to make some models for my
data.  While documentation for that function is fine and I think I'm using
it correctly, I'm getting the following error when I try to use my lists of
variables.

data <- read.csv("data.csv", header=FALSE)
subj1 <- data.frame(radius=data$V3[9:11], x1=data$V4[9:11],
x2=data$V5[9:11], x3=data$V6[9:11])
> subj1
  radius      x1       x2        x3
1 436.61 1.00000 0.000000  0.000000
2 735.27 1.00000 0.000000  0.000000
3 901.73 0.96081 0.053223 -0.055439
co1 <- multinomRob(model=list(radius ~ x1 + x2 + x3), subj1,
starting.values=NULL, equality=list(radius ~ x1 + x2 + x3 + 0))
Error in dimnames(XYdata$Y) <- list(NULL, XYdata$ynames) :
  length of 'dimnames' [2] not equal to array extent

I'm coming from a background of several years with MATLAB so this particular
message is all greek to me.  I see an array where I have the same number of
labels as columns so I have no idea what the issue is.  Thank you in advance
for your assistance!