[R] readGDAL or raster for reading bit map files

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 14:25:31 CET 2011

Just do

m <- as.matrix(store)

or

m <- as.image.SpatialGridDataFrame(store)$z

image(m)

They give the same result with different orientations.  Note that both
assume a single-band raster, e.g. you only have a "greyscale" bitmap
(for example).

The details behind all this is given in the documentation for the sp
package. See ?image for the basic image plot for a matrix.

Cheers, Mike.